- Master of Science in Chemistry:
University Basel, 2002-2006
- PhD, Dr. rer nat.:
University of Fribourg, 2007-2010
Anion Technology for Batteries:
- Room-temperature fluoride ion batteries (synthesis and development of anode, cathode and electrolytes)
- Chloride ion batteries (synthesis and development of anode, cathode and electrolytes)
- Postdoc at HIU/KIT (Anion Batteries)
- Postdoc at Max Planck Institute for Solid State Research (Intercluster compounds)
- PhD at University Fribourg, Switzerland (Multimetallic complexes for oxidic materials)
- Lecturer at University Ulm since 2014
- Lecturer at MTEC Academy
- Lectures and seminars: inorganic chemistry, general chemistry, coordination chemistry, battery technology
- Swiss Chemical Society
- Swiss Society of Crystallography
- SNF, swiss national foundation
- Max Planck Society
- 2007: First Year graduate student symposium Bern.
First prize for the best scientific presentation
- 2009: Swiss Crystallographic Society, Fribourg
- 2010: Sciences de l’environement, University of Fribourg
Prize for an excellent scientific work.
- 2011: University of Fribourg
Faculty Prize for the best thesis in experimental science
- 2014: Money-Prize, Logo Competition, Swiss Crystallography Society
Selected HIU Publications
Gschwind, F.; Bastien, J.
Parametric investigation of room-temperature fluoride-ion batteries: Assessment of electrolytes, Mg-based anodes, and BiF₃-cathodes.
2015. Journal of Materials Chemistry Am 3(2015) pp.5628-5634. doi:10.1039/C4TA06625A
Gschwind, F.; Zao-Karger, Z.; Fichtner, M.
A fluoride-doped PEG matrix as an electrolyte for anion transportation in a room-temperature fluoride ion battery.
2014. Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 2(2014) S.1214-1218. doi:10.1039/C3TA13881J